Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chyenne's First Day

My baby girl started Pre-K last week. WOW! I cannot believe she is IN SCHOOL. My heart aches missing her.

She was pretty excited about going to school. She picked out her outfit that she intended to wear mid summer. My little planner.
 She was SOOOO EXCITED. I was anxious but excited for her.
 Braided hair, cute romper, matching headband and necklace, comfortable shoes, denim jacket, yummy mommy-packed lunch, cute backback, we're READY!
 Here she is sitting outside the school with her "boyfriend". She's lucky to have him and a few other friends in her class. I hope she makes tons more.

She was thrilled UNTIL we got into the classroom and she realized that she would be WITHOUT mommy. Oh boy. She totally broke my heart. She showed many mixed emotions on her first day of school. She started crying on the ride to school because she didn't want me to leave her. My heart aches. In the classroom, I helped her get her things ready. She was anxious, then scared. I didn't think it would be so hard.


When I left, she had cried and dried it up 3 separate times. My arms were already aching without her in them. This is going to be a LONG year.
 
We're now on her 8th day of school and she has cried 5 days out of the 8. :'( I have shed just about as many tears. School isn't what she thought it would be quite yet.
 
She was expecting to be having spelling tests, math tests, and lots of writing and reading (which I'm sure she would ace). Hopefully once they get the routine down, they'll do more work. She has asked to do homeschool 6 days so far. My little learner. If she doesn't start learning, we may push to have her moved up, moved into the gifted class, OR pull her out and homeschool all day. I would prefer not to have to do the later because we worked SO hard to get her in. Sheesh.
 
Lucky for me, I can't stay too said for too long because I get to spend all of my time with this sweet guy! He's loving the one-on-one mommy time and doing homeschool at HIS pace. He's one bright boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment