Monday, January 2, 2012

North Pole Breakfast With an Elf 2011

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. The whole Christmas season has me full of excitement and Christmas cheer. I never thought Christmas could be SO FUN until I had kids. Let me tell you, Christmas is immensely more fun.

We decided to start a new tradition this year. We figured 2 & 3 year olds are old enough to have a LOT of fun with. We bought an elf (similar to the Elf on the Shelf) to keep an eye on our little munchkins in honor of this beautiful time of year. He is to report back to Santa Claus before Christmas Eve. This elf has been great so far. My little trouble-makers have actually been more considerate of each other and their things today. Let's hope they keep it up. ;)

I was looking on PINTEREST (you know you are all adicted too) and came across a glorious idea. A North Pole breakfast to introduce the kiddos to their new elf. Now I'm not sure if I pulled it off as well as my pinterest inspiration did, but we sure had fun.


Last night (11/26/11), before bed, Chyenne and Cohen were rough-housing and daddy said "I bet Santa will send one of his elves to keep an extra eye on you two!" Chyenne said "nuh-uhhh! The elves are busy making all of the toys!" Well little to her surprise, an elf was sent!
Here is the set up. Ah! I could hardly contain my excitement as I set it up last night.

The kiddos slept later than usual and Cohen was a bit cranky when I wouldn't carry him into the kitchen to see who was waiting for us. Chyenne was more than excited.















Our North Pole Breakfast consisted of snow-covered donuts, floating glacier hot chocolate with candy cane stir sticks, and a banana for each lovely child of mine.

They LOVED it. Literally, they stuffed themselves full of the yummy, junk food, North Pole Breakfast.

Best of all? They were intrigued by our little elf's story and how he popped into OUR house to watch over OUR children for Santa Claus.

They decided that it would be okay to have little Christopher Elf pop back in to the North Pole tonight while they sleep because they could NOT resist hugging the cute little fella.

They were especially pleased that little Christopher Elf was so thoughtful to bring them each 6 pairs of socks to keep their feet cozy and warm.

I can't get enough of these beautiful smiles!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute and FUN! I plan on giving the old elf trick a try next Christmas when Mia is 2!

    ReplyDelete