Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Recap

2011 definitely flew by far too fast and I didn't get to blog nearly enough!

My favorite things in 2011:
*Hubby/Daddy wasn't deployed!
*Chyenne turned 3 and celebrated with a cowgirl birthday party.
*Cohen turned 2 and celebrated with an awesome pirate pool party.
*Bittersweet, but Cohen weaned before his second birthday from breastfeeding. First time in 3.5 years that I was not nursing. Hooray!
*Cohen potty-trained, well before his 2nd birthday.
*I started teaching K-4 for an amazing Christian preschool... best part? MY kids get to go there too, for free. So I spend time with my kids, make money, and teach. WIN WIN WIN! It's only half-day preschool too, which allows for plenty of time for homeschooling. :)
*Chyenne & Cohen developed the BEST bond and are now each others favorite play mates.
*Cohen developed an amazing relationship with daddy. Something daddy strived SO hard to achieve since he was deployed until Cohen was 7 months and it took Cohen a LONG time to get REALLY close to him. Now they're like 2 peas in a pod.
*We decided that we will NOT be adding to our family. Hubby was fixed. :)
*We completed our studio apartment addition to our house.
*Cohen learned to pedal his tricycle.
*Chyenne played her first season of soccer. I was the coach (I have coached youth soccer for a while) and we ended up with an undefeated season. :)
*Chyenne & Cohen both sleep in their own rooms/beds. I LOVED co-sleeping...but NOW I actually get to SLEEP! ;)
*Chyenne won her first pageant. We have yet to do another one, but she is anxious.
*Chyenne learned to sound out words... well on her way to independent reading!
*Cohen learned to spell his name and can write C and O.
*Chyenne practiced writing a lot and can write all letters and numbers and spell/write A LOT of words on her own.
*My granny (80 years old) made it through a quadruple bypass heart surgery and a major knee surgery within the same week. She is still recovering but is doing fantastic.



2011 year was a great year for us. I know there is so much we enjoyed that I did not post as a favorite. I'm thankful for every day we got to spend together in 2011. We are excited to see what 2012 brings. I cannot wait to see what our amazing creator has in store for us this year.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post and an awesome year!! Happy New Year to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete